
Colleen Hoover‘s Instagram feed has seemingly broken up with Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively.
The It Ends With Us author has reactivated her social media account after taking a break from Instagram amid the heated legal battle between the film adaptation’s director/co-star and lead actress. Hoover previously had posted photos from the film’s promotional campaign that included Baldoni and Lively. Hoover had also previously posted an Instagram Story supporting Lively, describing the actress as “nothing but honest, kind, supportive and patient since the day we met,” while avoiding directly commenting on Lively’s sexual harassment and “astroturfing” allegations against Baldoni at the time. In December, Hoover shut down the account.
Related Stories
Now the author, whose best-selling novel about a toxic couple became a Hollywood hit, has relaunched the account, while creating some space from the film’s real-life warring duo by scrubbing almost all references to Lively and Baldoni.
Hoover’s Instagram feed still has plenty of posts about her book and the film in general. There remain, for instance, posts celebrating the casting of supporting actors Jenny Slate and Brandon Sklenar. And Hoover is still apparently following Lively on the platform, though not Baldoni.
You can still find traces of Lively and Baldoni if you dig deep enough, however. There’s a July post celebrating the film’s release date including a link to a Hollywood Reporter story, which has a split image of Baldoni and Lively at the top. There is also a post from 2022 sharing a video from Baldoni that focuses on Hoover and the director meeting a group of the book’s fans.
It Ends With Us is based on Hoover’s best-selling 2016 novel and landed in theaters in August 2024. After the film’s publicity campaign exposed a split between Baldoni and Lively, a New York Times report in December revealed Lively had accused Baldoni of sexual harassment and attempting to orchestrate a social media campaign against the star of his film. Lively also filed a lawsuit detailing her complaints. Baldoni has fought back with a lawsuit that accused Lively of manufacturing the allegations in order to seize creative control of the film and to protect her own embattled reputation. Lively’s attorneys have said they expect to film an amended complaint, perhaps as soon as this week. There is a trial set for March 9.
When speaking to THR in August, before rumors of the rift between Baldoni and Lively were made public, Hoover said, “I think they did such a good job condensing this book into a film that I’m very happy with this adaptation.”
She praised each of them separately, adding, “I feel like it was such a collaborative process that I understood everything that had to change and I agreed with the changes that had to be made. So if anything, I am surprised by how much I enjoyed it and how little pushback I had for anything.”
THR Newsletters
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day